Q: My car keeps blowing oil sending units

My car keeps blowing oil sending units we have had four replaced by a certified mechanic we just replaced the water pump because antifreeze was mixing with the oil the car runs great no problems it does not run hot or anything it just keeps blowing the oil sending units

Hi there - I suspect you have a blown head gasket. Having coolant in the oil is a classic blown head gasket symptom, and having very high oil pressure means combustion pressure is being leaked into the oil passages. This pressurizes the oil pressure sending unit upwards of 150 to 200 psi (as opposed to being pressurized from the oil pump at 5 to 100 psi), overwhelming the oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to confirm this diagnosis and to address your pressure problem.

3. My car keeps blowing oil sending units