Q: dash lights out and tail lights dont work

asked by on December 23, 2016

my dash lights no longer work and my tail lights don't work, but my brake lights do work. my dad checked my fuses but that's not it.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having one out of two different issues. One of which would be the headlight switch This switch controls both of the headlight system and taillight system. If the switch is not allowing the circuit to be complete, the power will not reach the lights. In this situation the switch will need to be replaced. Secondly, the issue may be the brake switch. The parking brake switch will turn on the lights under the right conditions. If the switch is not allowing the circuit to be completed, no lights will work. You may see a brake warning light on the dashboard as well in this situation. For more help activating the headlights and taillights, contact our service department.