Q: It has been sitting for 3 years. Is it worth trying to get it started. If so what problems should I look for first?

The truck has sat in the garage for about 3 1/2 years to 4 years. Two of those years without a battery and rear deflated tires. I want to get it back running but I don’t know if it is worth it (will it be too costly). What major issues come with it sitting for so long.

The first thing to do is to drain all the gas and put in fresh fuel. You may have a bad fuel pump if it has seized from sitting in old fuel. Other than this you may need to have injectors cleaned if you get it started with fresh fuel and a new battery. Do not try to start it with old fuel or it will totally clog the injectors and they would then need to be replaced. After fresh fuel then put on a new fuel filter and then disconnect the fuel line at injector rail and cycle key to purge old fuel from line into a container until clean fresh fuel comes out and then reconnect it and attempt to start it.

3. It has been sitting for 3 years. Is it worth trying to get it started. If so what problems should I look for first?