Q: 2012 chrysler twn cntry wont start lightning bolt on dash

asked by on October 08, 2017

The car will not start it sounds like it will turn on but never turns over and there's only red lightning bolt and the gas light comes on at the same time even though I Have about a quarter tank of gas in the car

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Matt. Thanks for contacting us today. If you turn the key and the starter is activated, causing the engine to turn over - but it will not start, this could be due to a few different sources. Either fuel system components like mass air flow sensor, fuel pump or fuel relay is damaged or ignition system components like the crankshaft of cam sensor is not working. It’s also possible that an ignition relay is faulty. If you’re not able to crank the engine over, then a charging system component, (like a battery, battery cables or alternator) is likely the source. The lightning bolt light typically indicates a charging system component failure. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine what needs to be repaired.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr