Q: How does the auto-reverse function work with power windows?

How does the auto-reverse function work with power windows?

The power windows of your car are equipped with an auto-reverse feature. It’s designed for safety (pinch protection) – think of the doors in an elevator, or how your garage door will automatically reverse if something breaks the sensor beam.

If the window system detects anything in the way while it is rolling up, it will automatically reverse. This can protect hands and arms, as well as other items that might be out the window.

Tip

The window system cannot detect small obstacles near the top of the window. Visually check that Children have their hands and arms inside the car before rolling up a window.

3. How does the auto-reverse function work with power windows?