Q: Driving down the road and my 95 Chevy silverado sputtered and died. Now it Won't start what could this be?

asked by on March 25, 2018

Driving down the road and my 95 Chevy silverado sputtered and died. Now it Won't start what could this be?

It is very possible that the fuel pump is going bad. Many times when the fuel pump fails this can cause the vehicle to die due to lack of fuel delivery to the engine. I would recommend having your fuel pump tested by a qualified professional to determine if the fuel pressure meets the manufacturer’s specifications. If not, I would recommend replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter to resolve this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.