Q: Opinion about Honda Civic CVT

My relative has a 15 Honda Civic CVT lease. What do you think about these cars?

Honda Civics are really good cars, but I am not a fan of those CVT transmissions, because you don’t get power out of them. You say that it is a lease car, so if the thing breaks with 100,000 miles on it, he’s not going to own it anymore and he is not going to care. If you lease the car, what you care about is the payment, that it doesn’t break and that it gets a good gas mileage.

So it’s not a bad a car to lease. Personally, I’m not a fan of leasing cars. Because I’m cheap, I buy used cars and I drive them forever. If you lease a car, you are always paying, so when the lease runs up you either lease another car, or you buy the leased car. I just buy used cars myself. But if you have business where you can lease cars, and write it off for taxes, a lot of times that makes sense.