Q: Gas gauge is not working correctly

When I'm driving the gas notch shows me where I'm at with gas but when I start driving it goes down but I just put gas in it. What's going on?

A: If the gauge pointer on the fuel gauge is r...

If the gauge pointer on the fuel gauge is registering incorrectly, or fluctuating excessively (it can move a little depending on vehicle angle and motion), there could be a problem with the sending unit in the gas tank, the dash gauge itself and/or the interconnecting wiring. All of these components can be tested by a certified professional from YourMechanic during a mobile visit. It is not unusual for the sending unit in the tank to fail and those units are replaceable. But, first the issue has to be accurately diagnosed and you can rely on YourMechanic to do this by inspecting and servicing your car at your home or office.