Q: Truck making rattling sound underneath

My truck is making a rattling noise underneath. The Check Engine light is on as well.

A: Hi. The issues are probably unrelated. The ...

Hi. The issues are probably unrelated. The first step in diagnosing your Check Engine Light is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). There are countless reasons your Check Engine Light may be on, and these codes serve as a starting point for the diagnostic process. The rattling noise under your vehicle could be almost anything. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the car noise and replace any damaged parts.