Q: fuses blow, check engine light on, compressor needs replacing

asked by on August 22, 2016

There are several problems in my car with which I am dealing:

1. The power windows fuse is continually blowing out.

2. When starting my car, it goes dead. A new fuel pump and filter were put on, plus a new distributor cap and wires. These replacements did not help the problems.

3. The check engine light is continually on and never goes off.

4. The compressor has to be replaced because it is locked up.

What do I need to do in order to fix all of these problems so my car will function properly?

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Speed Sensor Replacement $92.92 - $1189.26 Get a Quote
75 Point Safety Inspection Get a Quote

As far as the power window fuse, there is obviously a shorted circuit causing the fuse to pop every time. The components of the system must be inspected by an automotive electrical technician to track down the fault. The stalling concern can be caused by a faulted sensor like a mass air flow or engine speed sensor. The air conditioning system drier and expansion valve should have been replaced at the same time as the compressor, so double check to make sure that was taken care of. If you would like to have this all checked, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to conduct a complete inspection to remedy each of these faults.