Q: My car has been making a whining sound when accelerating, then is find at a set speed.

My car has been making a whining sound when accelerating, then is fine at a set speed. Checked power steering levels and they look Fine. Lately it's been jerking while accelerating on hotter days... help and ideas

Hi There, It sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside and uses this pressure to activate solenoids that cause the transmission to shift. When these are not working properly or when you have low transmission fluid, this does not happen which usually results in erratic shifting patterns, a jerking reaction or in some cases no shifting at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car has been making a whining sound when accelerating, then is find at a set speed.