Q: Why does a chime sound when the engine is off, the key is in the ignition and the driver door is open on a Nissan Altima?

Why does a chime sound when the engine is off, the key is in the ignition and the driver door is open on a Nissan Altima?

Nissan has built a number of reminders into your Altima. For instance, if the engine is running, the car is in drive and you’re not wearing your seat belt, you’ll hear a chime. You’ll hear a similar chime if the key is in the ignition, the engine is off, and the driver’s door is open. This is a reminder chime telling you that the key is in the ignition so you don’t forget it and lock your keys in the car (or make it possible for someone to steal the car). Just take the key out of the ignition and the chime will stop.

3. Why does a chime sound when the engine is off, the key is in the ignition and the driver door is open on a Nissan Altima?