Q: Car battery drain

asked by on August 19, 2016

Something is draining the battery in my car. I have recently replaced the battery with a new one. In the last couple of days the car has been without power when I attempt to start it after it sat for the night. So, I had to jump-start the vehicle. I had the codes read and none appeared. What could be causing this?

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You must hire an automotive technician, like one from YourMechanic, to perform a parasitic drainage test on the vehicles electrical system. The mechanic will install a device to read system voltage to check for the drain and can pull fuses until the voltage disappears to find the circuit causing the drain. Best of luck.