Q: I hit a curb leaving my subdivision. I have 3 warning messages that keep popping up.

I have a 2015 Edge sport. It was very icy this morning but I was in a rush. I left my driveway and hit the gas pretty hard. Darn turbo boost! About 3 seconds later I tried to stop at the stop sign but couldnt and so I slammed the curb. Front right wheel and tire got damaged. Now I have 3 warning messages. 1) Service advance track. 2) precollision assist not available 3) hill start assist not available. I drove around the block and the car seems fine... Couldnt really hear anything. There is a small rock like piece of curb lodge between the tire and rim. And the tire is a bit chewed up where the rim is damaged. What do these warning messages mean and do you think they will go away if I get a new rim and tire?

One of the data inputs to the AdvanceTrac stability control system on your car comes from the electronic wheel speed sensors that are installed at all four wheel positions. The AdvanceTrac sensor, and/or the wiring to the sensor, at the right front wheel position could have gotten damaged in the collision, thus generating all of those warning lights. It is possible for debris alone to cause a malfunction (you mention debris) so that possibility should be ruled out first as it is easy to do. If all "debris" is removed and the warning lights remain, the car should be inspected for a damaged wheel-speed sensor and also possible damage to the steering rack. The fact that the rim and tire were fairly significantly damaged also raises the possibility that the vehicle alignment is out. Once the wheel and tire are replaced you should have the alignment measured and verified. In the course of that, if you deal with a professional (i.e., competent) shop, they will be able to tell you if there is any suspension damage (normally, you can’t even align a car with suspension damage, so the shop will know right away if something is amiss). With regard to the warning lights, once the wheel and tire are repaired, if you request a traction/stability control system diagnostic - AdvanceTrac a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will diagnose and resolve that issue for you. That same mechanic can also perform the suspension inspection if you elect to have that done, and any necessary repairs made, prior to scheduling the alignment check. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I hit a curb leaving my subdivision. I have 3 warning messages that keep popping up.