Q: Ac slows down when accelerating

slow engine speed or when not pressing throttle, ac runs on high nice and cold. when gentle acceleration, ac slows down, used to only do this when hard acceleration but now happens all the time.

A: If you are finding that the A/C blower is n...

If you are finding that the A/C blower is not blowing as good when accelerating then you may have a weak battery and alternator. You may also have a blower motor that is going bad.

First have the battery load tested to make sure it can take a load. Then have the charging system checked to make sure it charges at the specified rate. Also, check the blower motor for excessive amperage draw and repair or replace it as needed.

If you need some assistance with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the issue with your A/C for an accurate repair.