Q: Door ajar warning on, interior lights on - 2014 BMW X1

When I get into my car, close all doors and start it, the dashboard starts showing the door ajar warning message on. The interior light would also turn on at that point. I made sure that the doors are closed. I took the car to the dealership but they couldn't fix this problem. The car has gone only 24,000 miles. What should I do?

A: Hello. The body control module (BCM) contro...

Hello. The body control module (BCM) controls the interior lights for this vehicle. The BCM gets inputs for the interior lights to come on by any one of the door switches or the interior light switch. If any one of these switches short out, then the BCM will turn on the lights. The system can be scanned and the door switches checked. If the dealer cannot fix it, then try with another dealer, or have an independent technician inspect the electrical system to determine what problems are occurring.