Q: A rattling noise when I brake

I got a oil change yesterday and when I was coming home I braked on a down ward hill and it made like a rattling/scraping noise it did it only once. I continued on braking and it didn't do it anymore. Although I wasn't braking on a hill anymore. Did this have to do with the oil change I got. This has never happened before.

This should not have anything to do with the oil changed that was performed, however occasionally, parts get left unbolted or become loose and can drag on ther ground causing a scraping or rattling noise. This can also happen sometimes when something in the road such as a piece of metal or debris gets caught underneath the car and dragged for a few miles or wedged under the car for a period of time until it is broken loose. You may want to take the car back to where you had the oil changed to ask them to take a look underneath to be sure they did not leave anything loose or unbolted as this does happen at times. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose your vehicle’s rattling noise and suggest any repairs necessary.

3. A rattling noise when I brake