Q: Hissing noise from the transmission?

When my vehicle accelerates it starts to make a metal ssssshhhh or hissing sound around the shifter. It gets slightly louder the faster you go. All gears shift fine.

A: Hello there. A few different faults could c...

Hello there. A few different faults could cause the vehicle to have a noise from the shifter area. The most common would be the flywheel, transmission input shaft bearing, low fluid level or the torque converter. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this noise and perform any repairs required.