Can I get my car out of limp mode with pending codes? pt ...

Q: Can I get my car out of limp mode with pending codes?

asked by on May 18, 2017

My car showed codes P0700 &P0750 and we checked the wiring and now it says codes pending. Can I get it out of limp mode with pending codes?

Hi There, Code P0700 is a general code indicating that the PCM detects a malfunction in the transmission system. In your case, this happens to be a shift solenoid malfunction, as referenced by code P0750. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all, often times sending the vehicle into limp mode until the problem is corrected. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.