Q: What should I know about tire and wheel replacement?

What should I know about tire and wheel replacement?

Your tires will need to be replaced multiple times during the life of your ownership. There’s no way around that, unless you just don’t drive the car. Your wheels should last the life of the car, though. With that being said, there may be an instance that requires you to replace the wheel (an auto accident, large debris in the road, etc.). Here’s what you should know:

• Tires: Replace your tires as needed, or as recommended by your service professional. Always replace your tires with the same size that came on the car. You can find the size on the driver side door placard, as well.

• Wheels: Your car is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). This system uses a special sensor mounted inside each tire, attached to the wheel. Any replacement wheel must be rated for TPMS use.

3. What should I know about tire and wheel replacement?