Q: Brake fluid on the inside of my tire

Why is there brake fluid on the inside wall of the tire and running on to the concrete?

Hey there. Leaking brake fluid onto the back of the tire on this vehicle is going to be only a couple different things. The brake caliper piston seals [https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-caliper-replacement] or the flexible brake line connection or hose is leaking. This is a very dangerous condition and the vehicle should not be driven until the leak is fixed. Have the vehicle lifted and tire removed. First visually inspect to see if you can see what is leaking.

If leaks still cannot be identified, then fill the brake fluid in the master cylinder with fluid and then have an assistant press the brake pedal so you can see where the fluid leaking out of. Repair or replace the leaking component and bleed out the brakes. If the brakes got wet with fluid then replace the brake pads at the same time. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the brake fluid and have this taken care of.

3. Brake fluid on the inside of my tire