Q: The AC starts out cold but doesn't stay cold, blows out cool air after about 20min.

asked by on June 12, 2017

AC starts out blowing cold but after about 20 min. only cool air. Checked system and it appears to be fully charged, yet does not produce cold air like it once did.

Hi there. Sometimes a compressor clutch failure or restriction from the low pressure side of the AC system can cause this type of problem. In other cases, it’ll be due to a refrigerant leak. It’s always a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an AC is not working well inspection to pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.