Q: after changing valve cover gasket truck just crank no start

asked by on December 12, 2016

truck was runinig fine but after valve cover replacement now truck just crank no start

Hi there:

The only thing I imagine that could cause this problem is if you accidentally removed an ignition wire or wire to connected to the starter relay. There should be no reason why replacing a valve cover gasket on any vehicle would prohibit the starter to engage. Double check your wiring connections and that the ignition cylinder or relays or fuses are not blown. If you still can’t find the source of your issue, contact a local mobile mechanic to complete a car is hard to start inspection.