Q: Car sounds like it's revving in park

asked by on March 28, 2016

My car has had electrical problems in the past where multiple warning lights go on and off. We replaced the alternator most recently. Now, when I start the car, the EPC and the traction control lights come on. The car does not sound good; it sounds like it's repetitively revving while staying in park.

This concern may have illuminated the Check Engine Light as well. When fault or warning lights do illuminate, there is generally some stored fault code to go along with it. Have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle and it’s operation. The technician can use a scanner to diagnose the illuminated warning lights, read the faults, and watch the vehicle data to find malfunctioning components.