When turning left, car dies honda 1996 l4-2.2l accord sta...

Q: When turning left, car dies

asked by on February 12, 2016

When I turn left, the car turns off.

Hello. This is a very rare and strange problem to have in a car. My thought is that something is putting too much load on the car when you are turning left. A load is when a component of the engine makes the engine work harder. For example, when the A/C compressor comes on it causes the engine to work harder. Another example is that when you turn the power steering pump, it has to use power to make the steering rack to the wheels. This causes a load on the motor as well. It seems that you could have a problem with the power steering pump and/or the steering rack which is causing the engine to overwork and shut off when you turn left. I would have your stalling issue diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician to have this problem properly taken care of.