Q: What is the difference between engine oil warning light and another warning light just like that but with waves under the sign? 1996 Mitsubishi Galant

asked by on November 26, 2016

my car just illuminated a warning light of same like engine oil pressure warning light but have waves under it. what does that warning indicated?

Hello- the warning light you mention is a " low coolant" indicator. Once the engine is cool - check your coolant reservoir and/or cooling system for proper fluid level. Since you seem to have lost fluid, I would recommend an inspection of the cooling system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.