Q: Grating/Scraping noise when turning wheel sharp while in reverse

New noise within last few months and noise is growing louder. When I simultaneously back up and cut the wheel sharp, such as backing up from a parking space, there is a noticeable grating noise coming from the car. Seems to be coming from the front end, but not really sure. Any ideas? Front brakes were just replaced. Back brakes are perfectly fine.

Thanks for your help.

A: Hey there, thank you for asking about your ...

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2012 Toyota Corolla. This is often times a common issue on cars with what are called "constant velocity" joints (CV joints) when they are not lubricated enough or have dirt and debris in them. This can also cause them to wear out prematurely as well. This can also be heard when the wheel bearings are worn or need to be replaced. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s noises and repair your CV joints or wheel bearings.