Q: Just had my transmission rebuilt and it's jerking while I shift 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Is there a break in process for a rebuilt tranny or take time to run smootly?

Hello - modern automatic transmissions do have a "learn" process, which results in smoother shifting over a period of acceleration cycles. But, I would expect shifting to become pretty smooth within a week or so. If this is not the case, I would have a conversation with your transmission supplier or technician to make sure there isn’t a problem. There may also be a re-learn synchronization process between the throttle position sensor and the transmission controller. Similarly, this should be a relatively short period of time.

• Just had my transmission rebuilt and it's jerking while I shift 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500