Q: I drove my car about 50 miles without the oil cap it started rattling and cut off and now it wont crank

i drove my car about 50 miles without the oil cap it started rattling and cut off and now it wont crank we tried jumping it off giving it oil putting cooling in and it still wont crank what could be the problem

Having driven that far with no oil cap, it is likely that the engine oil level ran low enough to cause engine damage, possible seizing the engine. If that is what happened, adding oil will not help once the engine has locked up. You should have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check the no start condition to verify the cause.

• I drove my car about 50 miles without the oil cap it started rattling and cut off and now it wont crank