Q: No heat when idling?

Hi - My wife's Equinox- The shop says there is no problem, they replaced the thermostat ( I'm not sure that was even necessary as it didn't fix the problem ) but when we are driving with higher RPM, or highway, the heat blows fine.. When we are at a stop light or low RPM it starts to blow cool . It's winter here.... Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, There are many faults that will cause your heater to only function at high RPM’s on your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. Given that your heat works at a high RPM or speed the most likely culprits are the radiator, airflow issues, or a electronic fan fault. If air is not moving across the radiator properly it can cause issues similar to this. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your heat blowing cold issues and make any repairs required.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr