Q: No heat when idling?

Hi - My wife's Equinox- The shop says there is no problem, they replaced the thermostat ( I'm not sure that was even necessary as it didn't fix the problem ) but when we are driving with higher RPM, or highway, the heat blows fine.. When we are at a stop light or low RPM it starts to blow cool . It's winter here.... Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Hello there, There are many faults that will cause your heater to only function at high RPM’s on your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. Given that your heat works at a high RPM or speed the most likely culprits are the radiator, airflow issues, or a electronic fan fault. If air is not moving across the radiator properly it can cause issues similar to this. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your heat blowing cold issues and make any repairs required.