Q: Hard to start car, it seems flooded. Fires right up by using starting fluid.

It wants to start Varoom. Then doesn't, it seems to be flooded. But using Starting fluid it Fires right up.

A: The fact that you need to use starting flui...

The fact that you need to use starting fluid suggests you have a fuel delivery problem. Without knowing the year of your VW Beetle, this may tough to diagnose due to the fact that the earlier Beetles were carbureted models and the later models are fuel injected. These two types of fuel systems are very different requiring very different diagnostic techniques. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car's hard starting condition and fuel system. Otherwise, feel free to resubmit another question with your car's year included for a more detailed response. Best of luck.