Q: When I accelerate my engine races but my cars speed takes a little bit to catch up, why does this happen

When I accelerate my engine races, to 3-4 rmp, before my car goes. Why is this happening?

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like you may have a transmission that may be slipping which may be caused by low transmission fluid or possibly a fault internally in your transmission. This may be related to a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. When I accelerate my engine races but my cars speed takes a little bit to catch up, why does this happen