Q: My car cranks but won’t start

When it rains my car has a difficult time to start up, but today it was wet outside and when I started to start my car it wouldn’t start at all. The car cranks to the point where the battery dies. I tried jump starting the car and it still wouldn’t turn on. The car does have enough fuel in it. All it does is crank but doesn’t turn on.

If electrical and ignition systems get water in them it can cause no starts or hard starting. You will need to have the computer tested for codes and ignition system checked to see if you are losing spark to the spark plugs. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and diagnose the problem for you.

3. My car cranks but won’t start