Q: Oil light stay on 2005 Toyota Corolla

I took my car to auto shop because the oil light stay on they told me timing chain and oil pump .so I took it upon myself to drop oil pan and clean out the oil screen and replace gasket now the oil light is off and engine sound great everything less then $100 in parts

Congratulations - way to take the initiative! It might be worthwhile to put a real oil pressure gauge in there to see what real operating oil pressure is. The "oil pressure light" trips on only about 5 psi of pressure - not enough to safely operate an engine for very long at more than idle.

Hi there. What you’ve just explained is the biggest reason why it’s always best to get a second opinion. Plus, a major reason why many car owners are seeing the value of having a mobile mechanic come to their location and inspect the symptoms you’re having as opposed to recommending the most expensive repair possible. Good work on your end.

3. Oil light stay on 2005 Toyota Corolla