Q: Oil light stay on 2005 Toyota Corolla

I took my car to auto shop because the oil light stay on they told me timing chain and oil pump .so I took it upon myself to drop oil pan and clean out the oil screen and replace gasket now the oil light is off and engine sound great everything less then $100 in parts

Congratulations - way to take the initiative! It might be worthwhile to put a real oil pressure gauge in there to see what real operating oil pressure is. The "oil pressure light" trips on only about 5 psi of pressure - not enough to safely operate an engine for very long at more than idle.

Hi there. What you’ve just explained is the biggest reason why it’s always best to get a second opinion. Plus, a major reason why many car owners are seeing the value of having a mobile mechanic come to their location and inspect the symptoms you’re having as opposed to recommending the most expensive repair possible. Good work on your end.