Q: Hey what is the part behind the idler pulley on a 2006 Honda Civic? There is a big crack and I want to know what part it is.

asked by on February 04, 2017

My car makes a rattling noise in the belt area. I noticed big crack in the part behind the idler bearing.l It's behind the idler beaing but under the alternator

Hi there. Seems to be the tensioner to the idler pulley is cracked. Remove the drive belt from the engine and check the pulley tensioner and see if it can move around. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the parts if the trensioner is not cracked.