ESP stability control light is on. mercedes-benz esp (ele...

Q: ESP stability control light is on.

asked by on March 05, 2017

I ran into a pole seems to need aligning

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. If the vehicle was jolted hard on the front end when the vehicle hit a pole, then the Electronic Stability Motor may have had a harsh force applied to it causing the motor to either fail or become damaged. I recommend checking the motor out and seeing if its working or not. If the EPS motor is not working, then the brake system will not work properly until the motor is repaired or replaced. If you need further assistance with your ESP system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.