Q: 2001 Monte Carlo 3.4L overheating. Does not blow warm air.

my car says it's overheating and I'm losing engine performance, but I don't get any warm air when I turn on the heat, I just changed the radiator because it had a small crack in it, changed the thermostat and coolant is full, I get a low coolant level light too but I check it and it's full

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. After the radiator was replaced the coolant system should have been pressure tested to make sure there are no more leaks present. If there are no more leaks present the coolant system should then be bled of any air pockets within the system . A vehicle not producing any warm air is a sign of air pockets in the coolant system. Air pockets in your system can also cause a vehicle to overheat. A technician such as those we have here at YourMechanic will be able to pressure test and bleed your cooling system if requested. If the pressure test and bleeding process has been done you may have an issue such as a bad water pump or head gasket. Also new thermostat should be checked to void that out as a possibility of it blocking coolant flow.

You are able to find a mobile technician and schedule an appointment for your vehicle here

https://www.yourmechanic.com