Q: My battery is dead and I lost my keys. What can I do. 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I lost my car keys and my car battery is dead. Can a new key be programmed if my car is dead? What do I do?

Hello. If your battery is dead and you have lose your keys then both of these issues will need to be addressed together. The battery issue will need to be taken care of first. Either it will need to be recharged if it is good or replaced if it does not pass a load test. Once the battery issue is fixed then the key will either need to be made for the vehicle or the ignition will need to be replaced as that will include a new key. At that point the doors will need to be re-keyed also. It is best to have the vehicle taken to the dealer where they can use the vehicle code to make a new key and program it to the vehicle. The dealership would be best for this type of repair.

3. My battery is dead and I lost my keys. What can I do. 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee