Hello I have a 03 Ford expedition 4.6l Triton [Engine](/t...

Hello I have a 03 Ford expedition 4.6l Triton [Engine](/topics-engine-ford/) and I did a head gasket change and rethreaded [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-ford/) on a head. I did timing lined up all marks. Car cranks but won't st...

Hello I have a 03 Ford expedition 4.6l Triton [Engine](/topics-engine-ford/) and I did a head gasket change and rethreaded [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-ford/) on a head. I did timing lined up all marks. Car cranks but won't start. I don't know what the problem is or what I should try next. Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working? Well I didn't check but all brand new spark plugs and have plenty of gas. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I am. Car was running and it blew a spark plug threw that's why I broke it down but won't start now it was running in great condition before this happened Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No thanks just wanted to know how to get it running again

Automotive Expert
Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. For the engine to run it needs a few basic things. We need to start there, checking those. They are fuel pressure, ignition spark, injector pulse, and compression. Here is a document explaining those tests [https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6t25ef6y0f5ku6/Crank%20no%20Start.png?dl=0](https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6t25ef6y0f5ku6/Crank%20no%20Start.png?dl=0) Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

I'm Antonio thanks Moose. I will check this out and let you know what happens
Automotive Expert
Keep in touch, Antonio

Ok thanks I will
Automotive Expert
Thanks

I have a 4.6 engine is it my timing if it is turning over
Automotive Expert
I have no way to know that without you or another doing some tests.

Ok
Automotive Expert
Thanks

Thanks
Automotive Expert
You are welcome

Hey this is Antonio again. I just noticed that when I try and crank the engine There is a huge amount of gas leaking under my truck from between the engine and [transmission](/topics-transmission-ford/)
Automotive Expert
That is likely a corroded busted fuel line or a leaking fuel filter if it is from the side on the frame rail. If it is in the center then it's likely coming from the fuel rail or an injector.

It was two injectors that did not have o ringsIt starts but won't stay on now
Automotive Expert
Is it stalling due to codes stored, low fuel pressure, a misfire occurring? Does throttle applied keep it running?

No codes stays running if I hold on the gas sounds nice and strong.
Automotive Expert
Slowly get the vehicle closer to idle speed by hand on the throttle body linkage. Once as low as you can get it before stalling. Tap on the IAC valve with a hammer handle to see if the idle fluctuates. If so then I would replace the IAC valve.

Thanks for the help I just can't get it to idle. I'm going to get a iac sensor.
Automotive Expert
You are welcome.

I put on the IAC sensor it starts then stalls out unless I push the accelerator and give gas but sounds way better with the new sensor. Still stalls out and won't remain idle.
Automotive Expert
Clean the throttle body, clean the MAF sensor, unplug the IAC valve. Get it running with throttle and adjust the throttle stop screw so it idles at 500. Shut it off, remove the battery cables and hold them together for one minute. Reconnect the battery and IAC and test.

Thanks so much I will do that in the morning. Just one question. Does my 03 Ford expedition 4.6l have a throttle stop screwYou really saved me thousands of dollars I'm almost there I really appreciate this. I always worked on my cars for at least 15 year's this is the first time I really had a V8 every other vehicles was a 4 or v 6. And simple this was a challenge for me and I am almost done. Been working on this for a month now. My 96 eagle talon was the most challenging before this doing just a [water pump](/topics-water-pump-ford/) but this was a big engine and I'm proud of the come out I'm almost there. You're a expert so I know you went through stuff just how you tell me what to do and I'm like that was easy and would have been still trying to figure out how to get it to turn over. Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.
Automotive Expert
It has been a while since I looked at one, but if I recall it does have the throttle stop screw.

Ok thank you I will check it out in the morning.

File attached (ZP2GL7S)

File attached (572737T)

File attached (1ZV47MP)

File attached (466ZZ54)

Before and after

Bro. I blew a spark plug and was like let's rebuild this engine and trick it out. I'm almost there. Need to get back money.
Automotive Expert
I will look for your reply tomorrow.

Ok thanks have a good night
Automotive Expert
You as well.

Thanks
Automotive Expert
YW