Q: I just had to get my alternator replaced for the second time within three monthly oil gasket had to be replaced it was leaking.

asked by on February 25, 2017

Oli was leaking on the alternator is why I had to replace the alternator for the 2nd time the mechanic did replace the oil gasket and he told me that the inside of the engine was probably the dirtiest he has ever seen it was very gooky. I have not been able to regularly change the oil like I should have because I lost a lot of income this year due to a cutback funds he and two of his associates strongly recommended I do not get an engine flush because moving that gook might make the problem worse and kill the engine even sooner. He recommended I change the oil every 1500 miles from now on. Just got my tax return and payed down my credit cards hoping to buy a house this year. I need this vehicle to last me at least one more year. Is there anything else I can do to extend the life of the vehicle.. Now it is not knocking it does not make any funny noises the engine runs well but on taking it apart he said it was really dirty any recommendations or special oil i can use? thank you

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

To properly clean your engine, I suggest using a substance called Sea Foam. Put one bottle of the fluid in your engine and run the engine for about 30 minutes at 2,000 rpm’s. Then either take the car to a place to do an oil change or do the oil change at your location, but if taking it somewhere, make sure it is somewhere close and on surface streets. You do not want to drive the engine with a heavy throttle. After draining the engine oil, I suggest putting in Mobile 1 High Mileage oil, which will help the engine survive the massive sludge. Then I recommend replacing the oil every 2,000 miles or 2 months. If you need further assistance with your engine oil, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.