Q: Oil leaking in the bottom chassis. 2009 Chevrolet

Recently I noticed that oil is spillill way from the engine portion bottom side if the Chevrolet spark car. I brought it to the notice of a mechanic he diagnosed that the power steering oil seal might be broken. Which have to be repaired. However oil level if power steering fluid also got reduced upto some extent. But don't knowvthe actual happenings. Pl advise your expert view.

Hello - there are 2 possibilities for an oil leak underneath the chassis as you describe. Engine oil, perhaps from the front crankshaft seal, or a timing cover leak, or a leaking power steering pump or hose. Power steering fluid (usually automatic transmission fluid for GM vehicles) will be pink, engine oil will be some shade of brown. I would recommend a leaking fluids inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Oil leaking in the bottom chassis. 2009 Chevrolet