Q: Anti-theft preventing car from starting

I just bought a van and it would not start after I got it home, the head lights would flash off and on like the hazards were on or something but they were not I opened the hood and found the fuse to the anti theft it's a 7a fuse and pulled it. The van starts but some stuff won't work like the windows and the heater so to roll the windows up we have to put that fuse in and it does the same thing light flash on and off and then we roll up the windows and then pull the fuse and start the van. What is the real issue and how do I fix it what is wrong with it

A: Hello. The first thing I would do is try to...

Hello. The first thing I would do is try to reset or disable the anti-theft system. This can be done by locking the doors with the power lock, and closing all the doors and the trunk.

Then you wait 30 seconds and unlock the driver door, but do not open it. Once the driver door is unlocked, you wait another 30 seconds before you open the door.

This should reset the anti-theft system. If the issues persist, then it may be possible that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of wiring issue. If you need help with a diagnosis, have a professional technician inspect the electrical circuits more thoroughly in order to have this corrected.