Q: My car jerks at 45-50 mph during acceleration, and then it smooths out.

asked by on December 28, 2016

During acceleration between 45 and 50 mph my car jerks until it gets past 55 mph then it smooth out.

Car jerks forward at high speeds Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote

Hi There, The jerking reaction you are describing may indicate a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor which is a unit that monitors air intake and relays this info to the ECM which then makes adjustments to the fuel supply. This could also possibly be related to intermittent fuel pressure or an ignition problem. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.