Q: radio only works sometimes

asked by on September 24, 2017

My radio only works sometimes when i turn it on. The head unit displays as if it is working but no sound is coming out of the speakers. Other times it works perfectly.

You have an intermittent "open" in the circuit somewhere. The possibilities range from a faulty volume control function on the radio to a loose connection at the back of the radio to the speaker outputs. If you desire a diagnostic of the issue and a repair, once the repair options are set out for you (principally repair of the circuit or, in the case of a faulty radio, installation of a new versus a used radio) please request a car radio malfunction diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr