Q: Engine Swap from 1981 1400cc to 4g63.

Hello,im looking forward to buy a mitsubishi lancer boxtype car (1981 model)1400cc rwd car.I want to do a engine swap to the car..im thinking about using a 4g63 engine swap,taken out from a evolution 4 car..is it possible to do? What changes have to be done?will it be reliable ?

Hi there. You can swap the engine from a 1981 model to a 1997 model, but you will have to swap the entire power plant, the engine, the transmission, and all of the electronics including the exhaust system through the catalytic converters. The benefits of swapping to a later model will give you a better fuel mileage and more power. You may have to modify the engine mounts and will have to use the newer CV shafts and possibly the hubs from the newer vehicle to adapt to the CV shafts. If you need further assistance with your engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine Swap from 1981 1400cc to 4g63.