Q: How do I adjust the manual anti-glare rearview mirror?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I adjust the manual anti-glare rearview mirror?

If your vehicle is equipped with a manual anti-glare rear view mirror, you have the means to adjust it to account for bright lights behind you. The glare from headlights behind you at night can be blinding, reducing your night vision and your safety on the road. Combating that glare is easy, though. Here’s how:

• Flip the tab at the bottom of the rear view mirror rearwards to change to nighttime driving mode. The glare will be reduced, enhancing your safety on the road.

• Flip the tab on the rear view mirror forward to change back to daytime mode during daylight. If you don’t switch it back, the view in the mirror will be dimmer than it should, reducing your visibility.