Q: How can I get my car to start? - 2007 Nissan Altima

My car is a push to start car and will not start. Had it diagnosed and they said it was the steering lock. I replaced that and still it is not starting. I also replaced the brake switch as well and that did nothing. When trying to start the dash lights up the start botton light goes from lock to acc but does nothing. No signs of it trying to start or turn over whatsoever.

Hello there, many common problems will prevent your 2007 Nissan Altima from starting properly. The steering wheel lock and brake switch are both common failure points but if these did not fix the issue the car will need further diagnosis. There are a few other likely faults such as the push start switch, battery, starter, battery cable, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start condition and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.