Q: 2011 Ford Transit Connect overheats, AC blows warm

Lately, the van has been overheating. I went to the dealership several times already. They couldn't fix it as the vehicle doesn't show any error codes nor it has any lights on. When I'm driving, the air conditioning would start blowing warm air. The last time, the van got so overheated that it shut off and had to be towed to the dealership. What might be the problem?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 201...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2011 Ford Transit Connect L4-2.0l. I have ran into so many of these vehicles with blown head gaskets. They can be hard to diagnose if they are not tested during the overheating. A block test when hot and when cold would help to identify the issue. If you want to have this tested, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the overheating issue. From there, they will be able to make the appropriate repairs.