Q: Check Engine Light is on - 2012 Nissan Xterra

Hello my check engine light on my 2012 Nissan Xterra came on I had it diagnosed the code was an air flow sensor I replace the sensor but the light still comes on will the computer store the code until it's reset other than that truck runs fine

Anytime a code is stored, it will stay stored and the Check Engine Light will stay on until the ECM memory is cleared. If the problem is fixed, then the light and code should not come back. Many times a code is used to replace parts when the part is not the cause of the light coming on. The code is supposed to be used to diagnose the Check Engine Light and a pinpoint test of that code will isolate the real failure.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine exactly why the Check Engine Light is on and provide suggestions for needed repairs that get to the bottom of the real issue with your car.

3. Check Engine Light is on - 2012 Nissan Xterra