Q: Front doors not locking with fob.

I have two things wrong with my car. First off, when I press the fob I can hear the rear doors locks, but not the front doors. From the front door arm controls, the back door locks work but not the front doors. I have to manually lock the passenger's side door and use the key to lock the driver's side front door. Second, I have two warning lights on the dashboard: Check Tire Pressure and the Air Bag light.

A: The front door lock actuators are controlle...

The front door lock actuators are controlled by the their respective door switch units. The rear lock actuators are controlled by the Body Control Module. When the key fob is pressed to lock or unlock. The Body Control Module receives the request and then locks/unlocks rear doors and sends a signal to both the drivers door and passenger front door switch assemblies over a computer data line to lock/unlock front doors. Since the rear door locks are operating, one of two things is happening, either the door lock/unlock request is being interrupted on the computer data line or the Body Control Module is not sending the request to lock/unlock doors to the data line. One way to see if the problem lies with the data line or the Body Control Module is to try to lock or unlock all doors from the driver's door switch. If the rear doors do not lock/unlock then the data line to the Body Control Module is open and will need to be traced to locate the open circuit and repaired. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic who can scope out the data line to see if the signal is being interrupted and to locate and repair the open circuit.